Select to view content in your preferred language

Deauthorize ArcGIS Pro on crashed computer 2022 (personal use)

12-02-2022 06:54 AM
JohnZastrow
New Contributor III

The computer I recently installed ArcGIS Pro 3 on crashed. It seems I had set the license for offline use. I can read the files on the harddrive, but it will not boot. I believe I need to deauthorize the license so that it is available to activate on my newly installed computer. However, I cannot run the ArcGIS Pro seat on the crashed computer to manually put the license back into the pool.

I found this link

Recover Lost Licenses from My Esri - Esri Community

But it doesn't seem to match what I see today. Apparently as a Personal Use license holder I'm not able to request support here.
Request Case | My Esri

How should I proceed? Is there a file on the old hard drive that I could recover to release the license for reuse? My searches indicate that recovery is something I need to do through Esri support.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LuisBenavides1
New Contributor

In my case, I am the ESRI license administrator in my organization, but at the moment I do not have technical support active and I am currently facing the same problem. A colleague left the institution and a computer also broke down, I also tried to install another license that I had free and this one was blocked, so there are 3 to unlock.

0 Kudos