Data Reviewer Error Layer Spatial Reference discrepancy

04-21-2023 08:08 AM
Labels (3)
SarahMcLellan
New Contributor II

I am Using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0 with the Data Reviewer add on license.

I have created a map with two polygon layers that I want to use in the Data Reviewer Error Inspector by using one to check the other. Basically I want to see if their polygon extents line up with the postcode/zipcode polygons that their postcode field references, using the validation - feature on feature rule from the ready to use rules.

My map, and every layer within it (including the basemap) is in the same spatial reference (British National Grid), but when I create the Error Layers (right click the layer> Add Error Layers) and look at the spatial reference, it states that the error layers are in WGS84. Running the Evaluate Rules in Error inspector shows the Error layers offset to the two polygon layers I already have on the map.

Any idea as to rectify this so that the Error layers appear in the same spatial reference as the source data, so I can run the error inspector and get the Error Inspector to run properly?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

@SarahMcLellan Attribute rule error layers are based on the WGS84 spatial reference.

Could you provide some background on how the error features were created? For example, were the error features created by evaluating rules using the Error Inspector or the Evaluate Rules GP tool (in Pro or from a stand-alone script)?

0 Kudos
SarahMcLellan
New Contributor II

Hi, the error features were created as in the tutorial on the Data Reviewer.

1. First I set the Attribute rules  by right clicking the relevant layer in the Contents Pane and going: Data Design > Attribute Rules.

2. I then created the Error Layers by right clicking the relevant layer in the Contents Pane and going: Add Error Layers.

3. After the rules were created, in the Edit tab on the ribbon, I selected the Error Inspector in the Manage Edits group.

4. I the Error Inspector window that appears, in the drop down menu in Evaluate Rules, I deselect the Batch Calculation option, leaving just  Validation and Visible Extent selected.

5. I then run the Evaluate Rules. 

I hope that answers it for you.

0 Kudos
SarahMcLellan
New Contributor II

I notice that, unlike the tutorial, there was no option to select a study area, and error layers don't line up on the map with the other layers like it did in the tutorial which had a different datum to that of the error layers as well. After running the Evaluate rules they show up in the Error Inspector without the green pass marks or red error marks. What could be the issue?

0 Kudos
JayCary
Esri Contributor

I notice that, unlike the tutorial, there was no option to select a study area, and error layers don't line up on the map with the other layers like it did in the tutorial which had a different datum to that of the error layers as well.

You may want to check the Transformation settings configured in your map to see if this is the reason the error features are not aligned with the related feature. Here is some additional info on these settings.  

After running the Evaluate rules they show up in the Error Inspector without the green pass marks or red error marks. What could be the issue?

Were the error features created using a Data Reviewer-based validation rule? If so, the error should include life cycle status information (stored in the Error phase and Error status fields). Errors created using Arcade-based validation rules will not have values in these fields.

0 Kudos