Creating SDE Connections

Jump to solution
06-16-2020 08:04 AM
KevinReeves
New Contributor

I am an ESRI user of almost 20 years, and I am trying to start using Pro. I have had several issues to which I have found workarounds, but one I cannot seem to figure out. When I create a new project, I always have to re-establish my SDE connections. In ArcMap and ArcCatalog, once I set up my connections the first time in Catalog, they were always there for anything I wanted to do (including creating new projects) But now in Pro, even though I have created my SDE connections in Catalog, if I start a new Map project, it does not find those connections, and I have to re-create them for each and every new project I want to make. I may be missing something here, but this seems like a step backwards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Kevin Reeves

The way I have found to work around is to add all the connections then save it as a template. That way when you open pro you can choose that template. 

Create a project template—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Kevin Reeves

The way I have found to work around is to add all the connections then save it as a template. That way when you open pro you can choose that template. 

Create a project template—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

KevinReeves
New Contributor

Thank you. I have never really used templates so that never occurred to me. I just created one and it works great. Thank you for the suggestion.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Kevin - an easier way to save your folder/database connections is to right-click on the Database Connections and click "Add to New Projects".  Then each time you start a new project, all your database connections are there in the Catalog Pane-Database Connections.  Save logic is applied for remembered folder connections.  You may learn more about this here.