Create ling from point (XLSX)

07-14-2019 06:25 AM
AliAzzouhri1
New Contributor III

Hi everyone I want to create a line from this XLSX file but I can't Upload to Arcgis it shows a message error, thank you...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The error message would be useful.

And were you using the 

Excel To Table—Conversion toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

tool from ArcToolbox?

AliAzzouhri1
New Contributor III

This is the error message...

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Ali, 

Take a look at Understanding how to use Microsoft Excel files in ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS Desktop.

Even thought you have Excel installed you need to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributableas Microsoft has discontinued support for the Office 2007 drivers noted in the article. This package will install a set of components that can be used to facilitate transfer of data between 2010 Microsoft Office System files and non-Microsoft Office applications.  You might need to exit ArcGIS and excel for this to work after installing.

One other note, I believe you need to download and install the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable even for 64-bit systems on ArcGIS Desktop and Pro.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Another approach, given your worksheet has a simple structure, is to export the Excel worksheet as a CSV file and then use native ArcGIS connection to the CSV file to import data.