Count features in bivariate groups/classes

06-25-2023 09:04 PM
MuhammadSajjad
New Contributor

I have recently been actively working with bivariate maps as they provide a great way of representing two variables in space. However, I am wondering if there is a way to calculate the number of features for each class/category either it is a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 bivariate symbology. This is doable for graduated colors but not for bivariate.

Any leads or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

3 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for bringing your question to Esri Community, @MuhammadSajjad .

Because this area is used for members to provide our team with requests about things they'd like to see changed or added to our online Community platform, I'd like to help get your post moved over to one of our conversation boards where it's more likely to be seen and responded to by members who can help. Which ArcGIS product are you using?

Please do also feel encouraged to share a new post in our Member Introductions board to tell us a bit about yourself. Our team and your GIS peers around the globe would love to learn more about you!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
MuhammadSajjad
New Contributor

Thanks for reply @JesseCloutier

As I couldn't find any tool to do it in ArcGIS Pro, I posted the question to Ideas in case if this is something ESRI can think of including in the next release. The count feature is available for other symbology types (i.e., graduate colors) but not for bivariate maps. Having it would absolutely be helpful to a much larger community especially in Research and Analysis.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for following up on this, @MuhammadSajjad. Because your original post is posed as a question, I've moved it to our ArcGIS Pro Questions Board in the event that other experienced members have any solutions to provide. If you believe this constitutes a new feature request, you're also welcome to publish a new post to ArcGIS Pro Ideas and detail what you're hoping to see introduced in a future version of the product. All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos