Contingency values issue

07-17-2023 02:53 AM
Labels (1)
PSGeo
by
Occasional Contributor

Dear all, 

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.0.

I am having an issue with the contingency values.

A bit of context:

I have a subtype that divides into three groups: land vehicles, aircraft, ships.

I have a contingency value group named test1 with a subtype ships with two fields "finalidade" and "tipo". For "finalidade" the value Merchant the "tipo" could be ("bulk carrier", "Oil Tanker ", "Gas tanker", etc.

the problem is:  On edition I select merchant, I draw the point and in "finalidade" dropdown list appear a first group with only the vessels that I define to be part of merchant in the Test1 group, but also the Utility, Fighting, Auxiliary, Leisure on a second group. 

Is it this it works? should be only the values you define in the contingency values  to appear? Is there a way  to list only the ones that you define in the contingency value?

Please can someone help me with this?

cheers

Pedro 

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Pedro - without knowing your data design, it's a bit hard to troubleshoot but contingent values will work with subtypes just fine (i.e. land vehicles, aircrafts, ships).  I'd recommend reading the help topic here to see if you're setting your contingent values correctly.

0 Kudos
PSGeo
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

apparently someone else had a similar question as me. I am afraid that these extra values appear always.  Rebecca in the next post call it partial matches.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/hiding-partial-match-for-contingent-values/m-p/12...

Anyway, I will prepare some sample and share it here. However, I am going to enter in holidays now!! So in two weeks I'll be sharing it.

cheers

P

0 Kudos