Select to view content in your preferred language

Contents page for Map Series

09-07-2022 05:17 PM
Labels (1)
RebekahPolette
New Contributor III

Hi ESRI Community. 

I have created a Map Series using Pro based on our upcoming years' road construction projects - 57 in total. I would like to add a contents page at the start with a list of the projects and the relevant page number but I am having trouble figuring this out. 

Anyone have a workflow, tutorial or advice?

Any help greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

To do this you'll need to either create two layouts and manually stitch them together in a different application, like Adobe Acrobat, or use a python script. I think this python sample project is similar to what you are trying to do and could be a useful starting point: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0588e23e83f245afaa8501e84e7b25e5 

Cheers,

Aubri 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

I use an inelegant procedure for PDF outputs. It requires creating and merging two (or more) PDF files. Create the TOC PDF in Excel or Word and page format the same as the Map Series PDF, e.g., Tabloid Landscape. This becomes the first page(s). Export the Map Series to a single PDF with page numbering starting at the appropriate page number depending on the number of pages in the TOC PDF. Use an online PDF merge tool such as --> . . . ilovepdf.com/merge_pdf to merge the two files into one.

This does not create hyperlinks from the TOC to the pages although there might be a way to do this. It is also an online tool so security is up to you to evaluate. I set the Geospatial Location Tool active in the Map Series and it remained active after the merge.

0 Kudos