Combining Spatial and Thematic Map Series

2 weeks ago
Ainfa
by
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on an urban planning inquiry where I have to analyze about 300 areas and produce A3 layouts for each of them. Each layout consists of 5 different map frames representing different urban planning instruments that insists on the area under consideration. I managed to link the map frames together so that through a spatial Map series applied to the first frame the others also frame the same area.

Now, however, wanting to show only some polygons insisting on the area under analysis and not all the others, I created for each area a radio group using the "layer from selection" tool selecting only the elements of interest. It would be very useful at this point to be able to apply to each layout in the series a "subseries" of the thematic type since at the moment, before exporting each layout I have to select, for each map frame, the radio group element to be shown.

In addition, wanting to customize some elements of the individual layout, such as a text, I don't understand how I can do to release it from the series so that it doesn't also change it for me in all other layouts. Finding these obstacles for now I am solving by duplicating a standard layout and fixing it each time manually.

I hope a solution to these problems can be found soon or if you have tips on how to work faster I am all ears.

I thank infinitely anyone who is willing to take the time to help me.

0 Kudos
0 Replies