Classify Raster Failed - Connection to local worker service has been lost.

04-04-2022 07:00 PM
Labels (2)
BrendanBruce
New Contributor

I am currently trying to use the Image Classification Wizard on a mosaic-ed raster, but any attempts to do so result in the error below:

BrendanBruce_0-1649123293090.png

There were no saved error logs in my AppData folder either, so I have no greater detail than that. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From the "Related" section next to your question

Solved: Mosaic dataset failed - Connection to local worker... - Esri Community

does this apply?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Samaloysius
New Contributor III

Can you confirm you are working with the latest released version of the software v2.9 SP2  and have  moved to Windows 11. The local worker issues have been seen on Win 11 .

0 Kudos
sven_aurea
New Contributor II

I might have a similar issue with local workers on Windows 11. I am using ArcGIS 2.9.3 so most up to date version. Any known solution? Setting parallel processing factor to 0 works but that is just a work around.

0 Kudos
Samaloysius
New Contributor III

This issue has been observed in Windows 11 and is fixed in the next version of Pro. 

0 Kudos
chase_11
New Contributor

Any idea when that will be released? I am having the same issue. Windows 11 and Pro 2.9.3

0 Kudos
sven_aurea
New Contributor II

Hopefully as a minor release Patch 2.9.4 and not as a Major release 3.0. Would be really scary to do such a big upgrade. Who knows what else will break.

0 Kudos
DFarming
New Contributor

Is there any ETA on when the next version of Pro will be released? We've been dealing with constant issues on just about every tool that uses local workers for a couple of months now.

0 Kudos
Samaloysius
New Contributor III

This should be fixed in 2.9.4 that should be out around the first week of July.

0 Kudos
StevenDiFalco1
New Contributor II

Got a new computer today with Windows 11. I wanted to add that I'm also running into this exact issue using on Pro 2.7.1. Hopefully upgrading our system to 2.9 soon. Should I downgrade for now? Will I keep running into more issues while having Windows 11 installed? Thanks

0 Kudos