Select to view content in your preferred language

Class breaks to continuous colorbar

Jump to solution
05-19-2022 12:16 AM
fred7
by
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to change filled contour class breaks to continuous colorbar in Layout View Legend?
I can do it in Paint, but maybe there is more professional way...
quest2

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try manually changing the labels in the legend's symbology?

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try manually changing the labels in the legend's symbology?

... sort of retired...
fred7
by
Regular Contributor

Thank you! This is indeed one possibility, although it is hard to accurately place the full numbers (6.5, 7.0, 7.5). From another topic in ESRI community I found some interesting ideas regarding the colorbar:

@DavidBarnes wrote:

Since the vector layer symbology renderer uses discrete classes, even when symbolizing with graduated coilors, the legend it uses also renders as discrete colors. To create a legend with a continuous color ramp one way to do it would be to create it as a graphic, with a rectangle filled with the same color ramp as your layer and labeled with graphic text as desired. Another way to do this is to create a regular legend with the classes and then draw a rectangle with the color ramp fill, and place it so it's covering the classified patches. Another option would be to include a raster constructed to have the same values and symbology, use that in the legend, and hide the actual raster in the map.

https://community.esri.com/t5/mapping-questions/creating-stretched-colorbar-legend/m-p/709688/highli...
0 Kudos