Changing Symbology for Selected Values Only

11-15-2019 09:49 AM
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

In ArcMap when you had a symbology set up and wanted to change a few of the features, you could just select those and then apply a general symbology to those that you selected.

In Pro, I'm not seeing that option and only see the option of formatting all the symbols and not just a few that I have selected.

I've tried a few things as I'm able to select the values I want, but the only thing I can get working on those selected values is to Right-Click and change the color, but not the line types or anything else.

Is there a way to change the format of the symbols for just those that you selected (shown in blue highlight in ProSelectioni.jpg)?

Another issue is when I choose to Format All Symbols, I'm given a limited amount of Property options (ProSelection_2.jpg) compared to singly clicking on a symbol where I get all the options (ProSelection_3.jpg)?

2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It looks like what you're describing is over here Access All Editing Tabs When Editing Multiple Symbols 

and 

https://community.esri.com/ideas/17548 

0 Kudos
PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

Yes thanks, the 1st one was the same issue I was referring to.  The colors though is possible by just highlighting the symbols you want in the pane and right-clicking to bring up the palate.  But yes, the first one describes my issue...

0 Kudos