Select to view content in your preferred language

Changes to feature class alias won't save

09-10-2024 11:54 AM
TrentonWalker
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change the alias of a feature class, but after I type it out and hit "OK," it only saves one additional letter. For example, I have a line feature class called "ALD." I'm trying to update the alias from what I originally had ("Anoxic Limestone Drain") to "Anoxic limestone drain" to match the capitalization of the other feature classes in this geodatabase. When I delete the current alias and type out "Anoxic limestone drain," the first time it'll save the alias as just "A." Then when I do it a second time, it'll save the alias as "An." Third time: "Ano."

I'm doing this from the catalog view by right-clicking on the feature class and selecting "Properties," then renaming it in the Alias field under the Source tab. If there's a better way to do this, please let me know. I would really like to avoid remaking this entire geodatabase just because a handful of the original aliases were capitalized inconsistently...

3 Replies
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

What version of Pro and what kind of geodatabase?

I’d suggest reporting the issue to Esri Support as a bug.

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey
Frequent Contributor

This might be relevant at least for a file geodatabase.

Edit alias using Python 

0 Kudos
rappr
by
New Contributor

When attempting to modify a feature class alias after being upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.3, I now experience the same exact behavior @TrentonWalker  described. Has anyone reported this to Esri technical support as a bug?

0 Kudos