Change separately CSV point symbols

Jump to solution
03-07-2022 07:16 AM
Labels (1)
fred7
by
New Contributor III

Hello,
I have CSV file with station names and coordinates. When I add them to ArcGIS Pro, they all have the same point symbols. How to change the symbol of two stations separately?
I have previously done this by splitting manually the CSV file and imported those separately but this is quite time consuming when I have a lot of files.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ASw93
by
Occasional Contributor

If you go into the Symbology settings for the layer, you can change the symbology settings from Single Symbol to Unique Values. You can then assign a unique symbol to each value of station name for example.

View solution in original post

KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

If you converted  the CSV to a feature class you can double click your feature class' symbology in your table of contents.  This will open the Symbology Pane.

Symbolize on "Unique Value": 

KimGarbade_0-1646667018757.png

Then you can pick the field that contains the unique values you want to symbolize based upon.

KimGarbade_1-1646667102217.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ASw93
by
Occasional Contributor

If you go into the Symbology settings for the layer, you can change the symbology settings from Single Symbol to Unique Values. You can then assign a unique symbol to each value of station name for example.

KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

If you converted  the CSV to a feature class you can double click your feature class' symbology in your table of contents.  This will open the Symbology Pane.

Symbolize on "Unique Value": 

KimGarbade_0-1646667018757.png

Then you can pick the field that contains the unique values you want to symbolize based upon.

KimGarbade_1-1646667102217.png