Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot open map on Mobile

08-04-2023 03:05 PM
globalnewsmap
Occasional Contributor

Hello. I'm making a map showing languages spoken in Ireland. I used Arcgis Pro to made the map and I want to share it on Map Viewer.

The map ( https://globalnewsmap.maps.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?webmap=fb6fd2771b9e4937b0b10fae2ee2e... ) can be opened normally on PC, but when I try to open it on a mobile device, it just keeps showing "Loading...".

IMG_3914.PNG

I assume this error occurs because my map has a large amount of data which is mostly about boundaries of Census Small Areas of Ireland.

Are there any way to load the datas sequentially? What I mean is that I wish only essential datas will be loaded on mobile at first in order to make it available and then if you enlarge the map later, the more accurate boundary datas will be loaded.

Tags (2)
5 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

I am not sure if this would be a data issue. It may depend on the mobile and its hardware.

I am getting an item does not exist error when accessing the map. Could we confirm the layers are set to public?

Many thanks,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
globalnewsmap
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the response.

I contacted Esri Korea and received an answer which solved my inquiry.

They told me my browser can be the source of the issue so I updated my browser and now I can access without any problem.

Now, I have an another issue. When I open the Map Viewer on my mobile device and click a polygon, I can only see the pop-up's title. How can I extend pop-up by default on Mobile?

Here is my another inquiry about the issue. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/expand-pop-up-on-mobile-by-default/idi-p/1315943/h...

Thank you.

0 Kudos
rzufelt
Frequent Contributor

Click the up arrow on the right of the popup title to see the rest of the popup info.

R_

0 Kudos
globalnewsmap
Occasional Contributor

How can I set this expanded popup as default for mobile users?

0 Kudos
rzufelt
Frequent Contributor

Missed the 'default' part of the question.

I'm not sure that you can.  At least, I've never found a way around it.

Except, of course, get a larger device 🙂  I believe it determines the popup style based on the detected resolution.

In our office, when we cast to a larger monitor, it also gets 'confused' and gives us the collapsed, mobile style popup, even though casting from a desktop computer.

R_

0 Kudos