Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot delete feature class from geodatabase

Jump to solution
03-14-2023 07:04 AM
Labels (2)
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Good Morning.

I just upgraded to ArcGIS Pro v.3.1 yesterday.  Now, when I try to delete a feature class from my geodatabase, the moving bar with "deleting" sits endlessly.  The only way to do anything is to force close the program, reopen Arc, try again, and get the same result.  Is anybody else having problems with the new version of Arc GIS Pro or have any possible solutions to the problem?   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

This must have been an intermittent issue.  After about two hours, it randomly started working again.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this in a file (fGDB) or Enterprise Geodatabase (EGDB)?

If an EGDB, what is the RDBMS and version?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

Hi George, it is a file geodatabase.

0 Kudos
AnthonyPodesto
New Contributor III

This must have been an intermittent issue.  After about two hours, it randomly started working again.  

George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Appreciate the update and glad to hear that it is working now. Network gremlins are always fun!

--- George T.
0 Kudos
BimallNaidoo1
New Contributor III

Hi 

I am experiencing the issue of not being able to delete a feature class or dataset from a geodatabase. I am using ArcGIS 3.3.1 and its a file geodatabase. These are new feature classes with no links created. They are not open in any projects.

When I delete the feature class I get message 'your application has stopped working' and then the program shuts down. When I open ArcGIS Pro and navigate to the geodatabase the feature class is still there.

When I want to delete the feature dataset I get this Error message

"Delete item [ProcessStart]: Start Time: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 22:26:51
Delete item [Error]: ERROR 000317: F:\GISProducts\RegionWestFireMappingTraining\FolderStructureToTransferToUDP\UDP_Fire\OnSever\Fire\FireMappingTemplate_asof2023\FolderStructureToUse Annually\Year\9_Geodatabase\MDP_Comp_Asof2023.gdb\MasterfileFeatureDatasets cannot be deleted
Delete item [Error]: FDO error: -2147024893 [FireManagementUnit_AreaMasterfile2024_wgslo29_05082024]
Delete item [Error]: Failed to execute (Delete).
Delete item [ProcessEnd]: Failed at Tuesday, 06 August 2024 22:26:53 (Elapsed Time: 1,95 seconds)".

Appreciate any advise

Regards

Bimall

0 Kudos
BimallNaidoo1
New Contributor III

Hi 

It would seem I have had same experience as Anthony Podesto. This morning I attempted to delete feature dataset and worked like a charm.

Regards

Bimall

0 Kudos