Can't reclassify raster in pixel editor

Jump to solution
10-02-2020 10:20 AM
AaronCole1
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to do some cleanup on a simple classified raster in the Pixel Editor in ArcGIS Pro and the Current Class/New Class dialog boxes are empty. 

There's no ability to 'Add a new class' as suggested in the doc.  What's up?  Doesn't work at 2.6, rolled back to 2.5 still no dice.  Am I missing a step in the process to activate this tool?  The raster property is set to Thematic.  I've tried copying the tif out to a gdb, changing the bit depth, using a different dataset altogether...still nothing.  I have a support ticket started with ESRI but thought I'd reach out in case there's anyone else out there that can relate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AaronCole1
Occasional Contributor

Solved this almost as soon as I posted.  I noticed on one of ESRI's blogs a screenshot that showed a textual description in the dialog boxes instead of a numerical value...so I added a string field, named my classes...and...

I couldn't find a reference to this prerequisite (nor understand why it matters) anywhere.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AaronCole1
Occasional Contributor

Solved this almost as soon as I posted.  I noticed on one of ESRI's blogs a screenshot that showed a textual description in the dialog boxes instead of a numerical value...so I added a string field, named my classes...and...

I couldn't find a reference to this prerequisite (nor understand why it matters) anywhere.  

0 Kudos