Can't export project to project package

09-30-2020 07:23 AM
CraigPatterson
New Contributor III

I'm trying to share an ArcGIS Pro project by exporting it to project package using the New Project Package -> save project as file tool from the Share Tab. 

When I do this I get several errors saying MapControlMapXX does not have any layers. 

I can click on the Options button for each and open in the Contents Pane. These are all blank maps. I do not know how they were created and I cannot figure out how to delete them. I don't see them listed in my project folder in File Explorer.

How do I get rid of them so I can create my Project Package?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

If you don't need the maps, you can delete them. On the Catalog pane, under Maps, right-click the map and click Delete Delete.

Hope it helps,

Jonah

0 Kudos
CraigPatterson
New Contributor III

Jonah,

Thank yo for your response. In my original post, I should have stated that I cannot find those maps listed in my Catalog Pane. They are not listed under Maps or any other folders associated with the project as best as I can tell.

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the screenshot. That's odd. I'm not sure where the maps are. It may be best to contact technical support so that they can take a closer look.

Best,

Jonah

0 Kudos
OlegLukyanov
New Contributor III

Hi, I have the same error with ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3. I imported this project to Pro from mxd earlier. I created list of maps in notebook and I see many deleted earlier maps whith layers also  but invisible  in Catalog now.

Regards

Oleg

0 Kudos
Gao_Ang
New Contributor

Any updates about this? Same problem happened to me.

0 Kudos