Select to view content in your preferred language

Can Interpolations be time enabled?

07-26-2023 03:18 PM
AndrewCastilloTBSL
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I have a feature point layer that is time-enabled. it contains data on weather stations and the recorded Maximum Temperature and Average Temperature from each weather station on a single day ranging from April 2nd to June 1st. 

Screenshot 2023-07-26 154948.png

Now this point layer is time-enabled because there is a different temperature reading on each day recorded on each weather station.

I want to do an interpolation (Kriging and IDW) on this point layer, I understand that I can just go to the toolbox and input the layer and Z value field I want.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 155842.png

But I'm wondering if I can time-enable the point feature layer due to it having a date field, Can I time-enable the IDW and Kriging layer I created from that same point feature I inputted?

So, for example, if it shows the following dots, I circled red had the highest temperatures.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 160556.png

Could I time-enable it so that when I slide the time slider the IDW and Kriging output changes based on the recorded temperature on each station by that particular day?

So, when I slide the slider after a few days the highest temperature on a particular day can change from the previous screenshot to the screenshot below for example.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 160945.png

Is it possible to do that?

1 Reply
KyleSeok
New Contributor III
Learn how to create a multidimensional raster from a collection of images, to use in multidimensional analysis and management tools in ArcGIS Pro. For more information, please visit: http://ow.ly/AYAG50CH4km ...
0 Kudos