Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I share my ArcGIS Pro window in Microsoft Teams?

06-09-2020 01:30 PM
ZacharyTucker
New Contributor

Every time I try to share my screen in a MS Teams chat or video call, the ArcGIS Pro map window appears black.  I can still see the menu/table of contents/ribbon but the map window is blacked out.  Is it possible to share screens with arcgis pro?  Is this something that is an issue with my configurations?  Any guidance/help would be appreciated!

17 Replies
DWRAveryCook
New Contributor

I also have this question. I get the black screen in both Teams and Google Meet making remote meetings all but impossible.

It seems the "I also have this question" button has been removed from the forum?

JDawwg
by
Occasional Contributor

Hey @DWRAveryCook, the only workaround I could come up with for this was to share your screen view (in teams), rather than the ArcGIS Pro window specifically. Not ideal, but it works.

DWRAveryCook
New Contributor

Thanks. That works. But yes, not ideal (I work using a 48" 4k TV as a monitor so the size and resolution don't match well to Teams/Meet/etc.) Adding a second older monitor has made it workable though.

AlKamuda1
Emerging Contributor

In the same boat ArcGIS Pro map layout is black and not showing in Teams.  I've got a 49" 4K monitor vs using dual monitors and displaying the whole screen on a Teams call is not ideal.  I only have this issue with ArcGIS Pro and no other programs. 

0 Kudos
CTCadmin
Occasional Contributor

I am currently reporting this to Microsoft Support, I have found that an alternative workaround is to make the teams call from inside a web browser (I used edge) and share your screen from there.

tiztrain
Regular Contributor

That helps thanks. Did you ever get anything from MSF about this?

0 Kudos
CTCadmin
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, Microsoft wasn't able to resolve the issue either. It sounded like it needed to be a joint effort from ESRI and Microsoft to resolve the issue:

"I found that [support rep] was doing his best to help resolve your issue, and he found that the issue is a known issue and has to be looked into by the two Vendors"

tiztrain
Regular Contributor

Hopefully it has been resolved in the new Teams. Have not been able to test as it is blocked by our organisation.

0 Kudos