Calculate Statistics (Data Management) doesn't appear to be working on file geodatabase raster

03-10-2023 12:23 PM
FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All 

I have file geodatabase raster.  When i loop over the cells i find the MIN value is 6.6, the 'stats' MIN value is 4.5.  I've run the CalcStats tool, with the 'OVERWRITE' option but never get to the 6.6 value.  (MAX also appears incorrect as well. 

I've used CopyRaster to export the fgdb raster as both ASCII and TIFF.  Both exported rasters display expected MIN/MAX stats.  When I re-import the ASCII or TIFF back into the fgdb.  The stats are the expected values.  

So why does DEM have the wrong stats to begin with --- was generated from a 'clip/extract'? and why doesn't the CalcStats tool update to the correct values? 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

from

Calculate Statistics (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

the last skip factor is used unless specified otherwise, what skip factor did you use before and currently? (tr y 1 is you need to know exactly)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

I've tried changing inputs to the GP tool to get ANY kind of change to the outputs.  In fact the 'metadata' listed on the raster properties never updates either.  Example, below.  I used skip factor 2,2.  No change to the stats.  'Build Parameters' info doesn't show a change either. 

FredSpataro_0-1678489224342.png

0 Kudos