Select to view content in your preferred language

Blurb/logo for print templates

Jump to solution
05-09-2023 03:33 AM
davidchamberlain2
New Contributor III

Hi all,

We have ESRI map viewers going out to the public as well as being used internally, some of these include the option to print. Does anyone know if we should be using/displaying an official ESRI logo and/or blurb with these?

Thanks

Dave

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidchamberlain2
New Contributor III

Hi @wayfaringrob 

Thanks for the reply. I am creating some new print templates and comparing with the old versions. We have always had' ArcGIS plot' and a small ESRI logo in the old versions. As you say I doubt there is any real need but I want to be sure. For example the OS are very picky about their logos and what to use on what kind of map etc!

Thanks again

Dave

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Do you normally give credit to Esri when printing maps? If they're a data source I could understand citing them (might already be cited automatically via a feature service's attribution) but I don't see the need to put their logo on anything.

davidchamberlain2
New Contributor III

Hi @wayfaringrob 

Thanks for the reply. I am creating some new print templates and comparing with the old versions. We have always had' ArcGIS plot' and a small ESRI logo in the old versions. As you say I doubt there is any real need but I want to be sure. For example the OS are very picky about their logos and what to use on what kind of map etc!

Thanks again

Dave

0 Kudos