Basemap Gallery ArcGIS Server

06-16-2022 07:01 AM
Labels (1)
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a possibility to have feature services from an ArcGIS Stand alone server  in the basemap gallery in ArcGIS Pro? 

Currently I only find documentation that this can be accomplished by setting the basemaps in the portal. But I was wondering if you can customize the basemap gallery by only using a stand alone ArcGIS server.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

If you are referring to your organization default basemap gallery, then yes you can use the associated Mapservice, as long as your service is visible to AGOL.

Just add web service to a new web map and paste the URL of the associated "Mapservice", select the use as basemap option.  Then save and share that map to the custom basemap gallery.

R_

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Hi @RhettZufelt ,

Thanks already for the input.

What if we only have an ArcGIS Server, so no AGOL or Portal. How would you go about it then? 

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I don't believe you can without linking it to an AGOL/Portal account.

I would probably add the layers needed for my "Basemap", configure as desired, group the layers, then save as a layer file.

Then I would just add the Basemap layer file I need, or, have multiple in the project and just toggle on/off the one I want visible.

R_

0 Kudos