Select to view content in your preferred language

Authorization Issues with ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.2

12-19-2022 08:55 AM
Labels (1)
CJWilliams
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to download and authorize ArcGIS Pro for desktop 10.8.2 as part of an online course. The license is Advanced (Single Use). The course provided links to the License File installer and a NotePad doc where I could retrieve the authorization code. I forgot to run the License File installer before I entered the authorization code from the doc, so even though the software authorization wizard said "Congratulations, your software has been authorized and is ready for use", ArcGIS Administrator shows Installed (yes), Authorized (no) for it (see screenshot attached).

Once I realized what I'd done, I ran the License File installer and tried the whole process again. This time the software auth wizard came back with error code "7288: the activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy for activation ID ESU XXXXX because maximum extra activations exceeded..[Incident #9768-35388628]

How should I proceed from here? I'm not great with computers or software so taking this course was a big step for me, but now I've messed things up before I could even open the program. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like you authorize an ArcGIS Pro license.  Go to the Support Operations folder in the ArcGIS Administrator.  Click on the Deauthorize... button to start the Software Authorization wizard.  Just click next the rest of the way.   You will eventually get to the Deauthorization Options dialogue where it will list all the licenses you have authorized on the machine.  It will likely list feature names with "Pro" in them.  These are Pro licenses.  Cancel the wizard and leave the licenses authorized on the machine.  

Instead, download ArcGIS Pro if you can.  If you cannot, contact our Technical Support department.  An analyst can help you through the process.  After installing ArcGIS Pro, it should be ready for use since you've already authorized the license.  

FYI:  you have installed ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, etc).  This is different from ArcGIS Pro, a completely separate application.  

0 Kudos