Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Transfer Tool Poor Functionality

05-14-2024 02:05 PM
JasonBessert
New Contributor III

Throughout my experience using ArcGIS Pro, I've notice some very poor performance in using the attribute transfer editor tool in Pro.  I used it extensively in Desktop without the following issues that I am about to report.  So however Transfer Attributes was programmed for Pro usage, it has functionality loss and I can't be the only person who has observed this.

1.)  When transferring attributes from polygons to other polygons, it fails when the polygons you are intending to transfer are overlapping each other.  This did not occur for me in Desktop.

2.)  Occasionally when transferring attributes, even if configured to preferences, it either gets confused or even some times grabs the wrong data from another polygon to transfer from and to as source.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

some issues have been noted on the tech support site, for example

BUG-000139582 for ArcGIS Pro (esri.com)

If you have specific issues for Pro 3.3, then notifying tech support would be a good idea so they can try and replicate and fix them

... sort of retired...
JasonBessert
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan.

Looks like this issue has already been reported and the "fix" is in the "Product Plan" so we're at the mercy of ESRI and how they prioritize matters, similar to other bugs I have reported in the past.

0 Kudos