Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute table in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-10-2023 10:49 AM
Labels (1)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Why are some of my attributes not showing in the attribute table in ArcGIS Pro but they show up when I look at the same attribute table in ArcMap? 

For instance, the feature has 1575 attributes in it and I can see them all in ArcMap but when I open the same attribute table in ArcGIS Pro, I only see 1549 attributes and not 1575 attributes like it is supposed to.

The feature is hosted on a database server.

Are some of the attributes hidden in ArcGIS Pro?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you saying your data has 1575 fields (columns) or 1575 row (records)? It's unclear what you mean by referring to them as attributes.

View solution in original post

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You say "The feature is hosted on a database server.", is that ArcGIS Online or some Portal that your organization has set up? May be its a view of the data you are accessing and ArcPro is honouring some sort of definition question whereas ArcMap is ignoring it?  As a belt and braces approach, try exporting the data to a local file geodatabase and see if there is the expected number of records in your dataset?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you saying your data has 1575 fields (columns) or 1575 row (records)? It's unclear what you mean by referring to them as attributes.

SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

I may have used the wrong words in my description. 

When I bring my Hydrant feature into ArcMap, there are 1575 records in the attribute table but when I bring the same feature into ArcGIS Pro, it is only showing 1549 records. My question is why?

The Hydrant feature shows up correctly everywhere else it is used except in ArcGIS Pro.

It is acting like even though it is the same feature, ArcGIS Pro is interpreting it as a copy of that feature that isn't updated.

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You say "The feature is hosted on a database server.", is that ArcGIS Online or some Portal that your organization has set up? May be its a view of the data you are accessing and ArcPro is honouring some sort of definition question whereas ArcMap is ignoring it?  As a belt and braces approach, try exporting the data to a local file geodatabase and see if there is the expected number of records in your dataset?

SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion,

ArcGIS Pro is seeing something that ArcMap is not. I have someone else here looking at it too so I'm sure we will get to the bottom of what's going on. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos