Select to view content in your preferred language

Attachment table attributes do not copy over with copy/feature

12-08-2022 01:13 PM
Labels (1)
LisaCasey
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have a point feature in a SQL Enterprise GDB. This point file has attachments enabled.

After I enabled attachments, I also enabled the "editor tracking" which in turn created additional attributes that contain the data the attachment was created. We use this date as proof of when the contents of the attachment were added to the GDB.

When I use copy/feature, or the feature to feature tools, I use the "maintain attachments" check to keep the attachments with the new data; however, the attribute that contained the "Create Date" does not copy over to the new data.

Would anyone has any thoughts on how to get the copy feature tool to include all attributes that may be in the attachment table?

Thank you so much!

LisaCasey_1-1670533893275.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From Maintain Attachments (Environment setting)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Copy will always maintain attachments according to this topic

Copy (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Copy Features (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Check your environment settings in whatever tool you are using.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LisaCasey
Regular Contributor

Hello Dan,

I can successfully maintain attachments from any of the tools (copy, copy features, feature to feature, etc..); however, the trouble I am having is that the new attachment table does not retain all the attributes of the original attachment table.

For example, our original attachment table (in the SQL GDB) contains a "Create_date" field that tracks the date the photo attachment was added to the database. The replica/copied attachment table does not contain this field. 

Thank you so much for taking to look at this issue - Would you have any thoughts on how to get all of the field to replicate with the copy tool? This is only an issue with attachment tables it appears to me.

-Lisa

0 Kudos