Select to view content in your preferred language

arcpy.mp exportToPDF parameters

Jump to solution
11-02-2022 10:05 AM
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm no seeing the "Convert character marker symbols to polygon" parameter in the exportToPDF method.  Guessing I might have to dig into CIM unless I'm missing something.  Any thoughts?  Tyler

TylerT_0-1667408551434.png

TylerT_1-1667408694590.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

@TylerT I don't think so.  Think of the CIM as a way of setting properties, not methods.  We have plans for 3.2 to add this capability (and other updates) to our export functions.

Jeff - Layout and arcpy.mp teams

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting. So the ArcMap command - ExportToPDF- using Python 2.7 has the convert_markers parameter while ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 using Python 3.9.11 does not have the convert_markers parameter.  Not sure why...

BUT ArcGIS Notebook Server in ArcGIS Enterprise DOES have the convert_markers parameter...strange...

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  This is something we have planned for near term.  We did support it for ArcMap (arcpy.mapping) but  It is currently not supported as a separate parameter for exporting.

0 Kudos
TylerT
by
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @JeffBarrette.  So, is export params accessible through the CIM?

Tyler

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

@TylerT I don't think so.  Think of the CIM as a way of setting properties, not methods.  We have plans for 3.2 to add this capability (and other updates) to our export functions.

0 Kudos