ArcPro Unable to Add Table Row?

05-30-2017 10:14 AM
RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

ArcPro 1.4 does not allow me to edit a many-to-many relationship table.  Instead I get an error message saying that the data is locked and in use by another user.  There are no other users on my machine.  What I close Pro and reopen I get the same error.  I don't see any lock files in the geodatabase.  Unable to Add Table Row

I realize that Pro Editing sessions are not the same as ArcMap, but I don't have a clue as to how I can fix this.  Any ideas?  The geodatabase is the default project geodatabase.  Maybe that is the problem.  Should I not use the geodatabase created for the project by Pro?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

that is strange, is there more than one user on your machine? Did you actually try a new project and copying the data over to it?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

rhughes522 If you click on the Edit tab, are the Save and Discard icons activated or grayed out?  It may be that there are outstanding edits at a "higher level" and until those are saved or discarded, you wouldn't be able to update the relationship table.  Just a thought.

RichardHughes2
Occasional Contributor III

This is most likely the problem.  When I open up the project today and start working there are not any issues with editing the table.  In the future when this happens again I will look for whether the Save and Discard icons are activated.  If they are not activated where would I look next?  A better question is, Can you reference any documentation that discusses the hierarchy of the editing environment in Pro?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Populating an attributed relationship class table (intermediate table)—Relationships and related obj... 

This isn't an exact answer to the question, but is the documentation related to populating the intermediate table.