ArcPro Image Analyst - Stereoscopic mode dataset specifications

09-25-2018 07:29 AM
MikeTeucher1
New Contributor

In preparation of my upcoming courses on Visualization in GIS I came across this tutorial explaining the Image Analyst functionalities using ArcPro and more specific for my interest the Stereoscopic mode.

Playing around  with the sample dataset worked fine and was very impressive, but now it´s coming to my problem.

I am struggling to prepare my own dataset for viewing in stereoscopic mode using either 3D cyan/red glasses or 3D shutter glasses.

Are there any specific requirements for using imagery and preparing for stereoscopic viewing?

Is it possible to use purchased high resolution satellite imagery or do I need to purchase specific stereo imagery?

Any help or advice will be highly appreciated,

Mike Teucher

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have seen the documentation listings?

Stereo mapping in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
MikeTeucher1
New Contributor

Dear Dan,

thank you very much for the advice.

Yes, I went through the documentation "Create a mosaic dataset from satellite data for stereo mapping".

Unfortunately at the end when I try to load the prepared dataset as stereo source ArcPro tells me that this dataset is not valid. 

Therefore, I though I need some special in stereo mode acquired imagery.

Any further help or advice will be highly appreciated,

Mike Teucher

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Mike, if the tutorial data worked and you have created an equivalent data set, you obviously meet the specs.

I suppose it would boil down to any differences in the form of the test data and your data.  There are only a few bugs mentioned on the support site found in Pro 2.1.1/2.1.2 which were fixed in subsequent versions.

Post back if you find anything else out. 

0 Kudos