Select to view content in your preferred language

arcgis pro: what is core functionality at Basic license level?

05-22-2024 09:51 AM
Labels (1)
MattWilkie1
Occasional Contributor III

Arcgis Pro license levels says "Core functionality is available with a Basic license". What specifically is core functionality? Where is that defined?

For example Editing toolbox licensing has a nice chart clearly laying out what edit tools are available for Standard and Advanced. Where's the corresponding chart for Basic editing tools? It's not zero, so what are they?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

With a Basic ArcGIS Pro license, this provides certain geoprocessing toolboxes you can use for various kinds of analysis.  As you listed with the Editing Toolbox, all those GP tools are not available with a Basic License as the Basic column does not have any checks in it.

Most if not all geodatabase behaviors (i.e. subtypes, domains, etc.) require Standard or Advanced licensing to create.

With regards to "core functionality", this Esri BeLux page has a descriptive table that breaks down, by license level, what you can and/or cannot do with ArcGIS Pro.

MattWilkie1

That's a great start, thank you Robert.
Keep them coming!

MattWilkie1

Courtesy of https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-documents/arcgis-pro-functionality-levels-geoprocessing-too... I now have a tool to license reference spreadsheet. While not as immediately user friendly as the Belux page it's very functional and detailed; very helpful. There's also need for a similar reference for the interactive tools, but the tools reference gives a solid boost to satisfying the current project of rebalancing our staff license needs.

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

This is great to hear Matt!  I'm pleased you're able to use the resource for rebalancing your ArcGIS Pro licensing needs.  All the best!

0 Kudos