arcgis pro table frames do not work when tables are rebuilt?

03-13-2018 10:45 AM
MarcusHarner
Occasional Contributor

Trying to migrate to ArcGIS Pro; I build a map with several point feature classes that are created from a model.  I added the map to a layout and added table frames for several of the layers in the map.   This seemed a fantastic way to show the attributes in the feature classes.    When I rerun the model, that recreates the output feature classes, the table frames (that reference the feature classes) no longed appear in the layout.   I manually added another table frame, from the rebuild feature class/layer and it added just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?  i.e. Table Frames becoming useless when a table or feature class is rebuilt?

It is very frustrating to say the least. 

14 Replies
JohannaKraus2
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
JohannaKraus2
Occasional Contributor

Marcus - could you change the process to delete and append your data in the table instead of recreating the table?  The table frames are great and it seems like there should be a way to use them without having to recreate them each time.

0 Kudos
JohannaKraus2
Occasional Contributor

Or you know what else would be cool, if you could save a template of your table that remembers your settings.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes.  We would like to support table frame styles in a future release. In the meantime, you can copy a table frame that you formatted, paste this as a new table frame and point it to a different source table.  Doing this should maintain many of the format settings you authored for the original table frame.

JohannaKraus2
Occasional Contributor

This is really good to know.  Thank you!

0 Kudos