ArcGIS Pro Staging Folder: Leftover Files

Jump to solution
10-06-2020 03:13 PM
ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Share and download options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  says that "After the package is uploaded, it is deleted from the staging folder."

Unfortunately, I have >2 GB of leftover files from old publishing attempts.

Is it safe to delete the contents of the SharingProcesses folder located inside the staging folder?

Some Sample Files:

• Exits With Spaces.msd
  • Exits_With_Spaces_WFL1.msd
  • Exits_With_Spaces_WFL1.sddraft
  • Exits_With_Spaces_WFL1_PublishResults.json
  • SharingInfo.json
  • SharingJobLog.log
  • Thumbnail.png

I'm running Windows 10 with ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2 (just upgraded a few minutes ago).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Zian,

Depending on what you are sharing, certain files will be automatically deleted. For example, if you are sharing packages, they are staged in the folder and deleted after the package is uploaded. (You can see this happening if you navigate to the folder while publishing is in progress.)

The files that would be automatically deleted already have been after sharing has been completed. The remaining files in your SharingProcesses folder can be removed manually. The recommended workflow is to clear the Job Queue from ArcGIS Pro. See this: Sharing job status. Clicking Remove Finished Jobs will delete the files and job folders in your SharingProcesses folder.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Jonah

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Zian,

Depending on what you are sharing, certain files will be automatically deleted. For example, if you are sharing packages, they are staged in the folder and deleted after the package is uploaded. (You can see this happening if you navigate to the folder while publishing is in progress.)

The files that would be automatically deleted already have been after sharing has been completed. The remaining files in your SharingProcesses folder can be removed manually. The recommended workflow is to clear the Job Queue from ArcGIS Pro. See this: Sharing job status. Clicking Remove Finished Jobs will delete the files and job folders in your SharingProcesses folder.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Jonah

ZianChoy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the explanation. After I did what you suggested, the files were deleted.

0 Kudos
SNM
by
New Contributor

Hey Jonah,

I was having a similar issue however "clicking remove finished jobs" did not remove any of the leftover files. Is it safe to manually delete these without affecting other files or services?

0 Kudos