Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Prerelease crashes and crashes

10-06-2014 07:10 AM
AndreasMarth
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have upgraded ArcGIS Pro Beta5 to ArcGIS Pro Prerelease. Now it crashes everytime when creating a new project or opening an existing project. Beta 5 version did work good. Is there a possibility to backgrade?

Thanks,

Andy

13 Replies
ZachSchmitt
New Contributor III

Same thing is happening for me..

0 Kudos
RobElkins
Esri Contributor

We really want to get to the bottom of all crashes so please send in the Error Report and contact Support so they can get a repeat-able case for the team to debug.

0 Kudos
NeilVeroba
New Contributor

I have not had the crash when opening a project, but do experience the crash when adding a legend.

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Neil,

We're not able to repo a crash when adding a legend here. Could you contact Technical Support and share your repro steps with them?

Thanks,
David

0 Kudos
GaryMullaney
New Contributor II

There is a costly bug in Prerelease - paths to FGDB data are saved incorrectly.  When you open a project, all the data sources are wrong. source_error.png

0 Kudos
AndreasMarth
New Contributor II

A complete deinstallation of ArcGIS Pro (also manually removing all ArcGIS Pro items in the users document and appdata folder) and a new installation of the Prerelease did not help. When opening ArcGIS Pro with a blank project it always crashes

0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II

I had a similar experience with Beta4, Beta5 and PR1.  Ultimately I created a new windows profile for myself and that seemed to solve most of the crashing issues with PR1.  Be warned though, it is a PITA recreating your profile.

0 Kudos
DeanMostad1
New Contributor II

I had similar issues, I had tracked it down to my display driver. Even though it was updated I had found a post on the beta release site that said to uninstall and reinstall it so I did and it worked. It was Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600.

0 Kudos
DominicDoiron
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same crashes.  I noticed it was happening when working with Feature Classes from our SDE.

0 Kudos