ArcGIS Pro point clustering

10-02-2020 04:57 AM
MichaelAmechi1
New Contributor

Please can someone direct me to the appropriate tool in ArcGIS Pro. I have several thousand x,y points on a map and need to group them into color coded clusters of circles with the number count of points in each cluster displayed inside of the circle. Please see attached example.

Thanks so much for any assistance with this. Best Regards.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

There are different ways to aggregate point data in ArcGIS Pro.  This is a good starting page that points to different resources: Visualize features through aggregation—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

There are also clustering tools like Density-based Clustering (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation but admittedly these won't do exactly what you're asking for...

What you are looking for exactly (I think) is dynamic point clustering which is not yet available.  The idea that was originally for ArcMap, is in the product plan for ArcGIS Pro and you could up vote that here Cluster Rendering for ArcMap 

But to get the job done today, you'll need to use one of the aggregation methods above.  

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Note that https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/cluster-rendering-for-arcmap/idi-p/968587 will be in the ArcGIS Pro 2.9 release scheduled for next week.

0 Kudos