Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro performance issues

yesterday
JimScurry
New Contributor II

Is anyone having issues with the performance of ArcGIS Pro version 3.3?  I have seen so many problems with just basic functions hanging up, display rendering and even saving a project and exiting/shutdown crashes.  For example, I edited some simple line data of trails to smooth out GPS variation and it took up to30 seconds to move one vertex.  Then after moving four or five, the software just crashes and has to be restarted.  Using imagery as a backdrop, it is hard to pan and zoom.  It takes forever and there are missing gaps in the imagery when it does display.  I made the modifications that ESRI suggested for the display and it helped for literally 5 minutes then right back to the same problem.

With increasing frequency, when I finish my session, save a project and attempt to EXIT through the shutdown process, the software just crashes.  I have a Dell with 32GB of RAM, 2 TB of internal storage and 22TB of external storage.  This did not happen with ArcMap or earlier releases of AG Pro.

I thought maybe that I had a hardware issue like a memory leak but all the hardware diagnostics come back fine.  I re-installed the 3.3 software but that did not help.  Thinking of back revisioning to see if goes away.  Just wondering if anyone else is have major performance issues with 3.3?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

Not saying I could build better software (because I can't!) but the "newer" Pro becomes, the less practical it becomes with workflows that previously worked without issue ... it's buggy in a way that makes issues seem like computer performance issues on the surface when this is rarely the case. Just my respectful, but honest, opinion. Going back in versions (if no one has any better suggestions) could help prove a problem exists but it won't identify the problem. Good luck!

0 Kudos
JimScurry
New Contributor II
Agree totally. It seems to me that ESRI is more interesting in adding new
“wiz-bang” functions just for the sake of adding them than insuring that
base ones work consistently release to release. It sure does not look to
me like they have an adequate testing and QA/QC program in place.
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
Buckfan69
New Contributor II

Yes same here 3.3 seems to have a hang up issue taking forever to render, I've had gaps in images also.  I can't do anything to refresh it or even hitting pause doesn't work. It does a hard crash sometimes and have to reopen it. Or I have to do a hard shut down to close it out because it just freezes and locks up.

0 Kudos
JimScurry
New Contributor II
Thanks for the feedback. I guess it is good to know it is not just me.
Maybe if enough of us complain, they will address the issue. ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##

James D. Scurry, Ph.D.
IT, GIS & LiDAR Consultant
Columbia, SC 29201
0 Kudos