ArcGIS Pro not refreshing fields

11-22-2021 12:15 PM
Labels (3)
davedoesgis
Occasional Contributor III

I have a Python script that creates an FGDB feature class, deleting it if it already exists. That feature class is in a Pro map where I set symbology and labels just the way I want them. If I update the fields in the feature class with my script and open my Pro map, it seems to recognize new fields, but it just puts them at the end of the field order, which is out of order. Also, I removed field aliases from some fields, but Pro is still showing the old field aliases that no longer exist. I can verify my script did everything as expected in ArcCatalog, but Pro seems to have an index of fields that it's hanging on to. 

Is there some way to tell Pro to refresh the field list for a feature class? Ideally, that would be without having to remove the layer from all maps and re-add it. thanks!

Tags (3)
3 Replies
davedoesgis

Anyone at Esri watching these forums? 

Random tag attempts: @esridev  @myesri @ESRI___  @ESRIGIS  

JasonClemis
New Contributor II

We Are experiencing a similar issue. Did you ever figure out a way to refresh? 

0 Kudos
davedoesgis

No. It's been a minute, but my recollection is if you remove the layer from all maps, close Pro, and re-open, then it refreshes when you add it back in. You might want to save the symbology to a template if it's detailed so you don't have to recreate it.

Saving as a layer file might work, too, but check that it doesn't persist the old field settings. You might also try creating a whole new APRX, adding it there, and then copying the layer over.

Lastly, I have updated Pro at least twice since then. So perhaps upgrading helps?

0 Kudos