ArcGIS Pro network analyst extension

08-26-2022 07:02 AM
SOTIRIOSTRIANTOS
New Contributor III

Hi there just migrated to ArciGIS pro and when using network analyst extension for our fleet of vehicles i face an issue when using a custom networkdataset. Solving takes more than 12 minutes for 80 stops. network dataset system's is Greek Grid (2100).(it takes at least 1.5 minutes to process destinations and the rest time it computes the route). When i use sanFranchisco nd and i simulate a scenario with 80 stops everything is ok (solving takes a few seconds) . With arcmap everything worked fine for many years..

Any help would be much appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide some information on your network dataset? How many edges/junctions does it have? Does it have a Hierarchy and is that used during the solve? How long does a two point route take to solve on that network? Perhaps there is something about the network dataset that is causing slow solves. 

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
SOTIRIOSTRIANTOS
New Contributor III

It was an hierarchy issue, the strange thing was that with ArcMap 10.7.1 everything worked fine.

When using ArcMap we had selected use default ranges

hierarchy1.PNG

And in field evaluators there was a vbscript used by hierarchy

hierarchy2.PNG

With ArcGIS PRo the issue was with a constant value 0, we changed that to 3 and it worked. We didnt manage to do that through ArcMap so we had to use ArcGIS Pro, we built the network dataset there and the issue was solved.

hierarchy3.PNG

Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

I am glad you were able to resolve it.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos