ArcGIS Pro Layout Snapping not working

11-09-2017 12:54 PM
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

It appears that snapping in an ArcPro Layout is still not working.  Can someone say when this will be fixed?

I've read the docs and I think I'm doing it correctly, but I keep getting the same response.  I'm using version 2.0.1.8933

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In your Layout View to the right of the scale box is a Snapping button to click.  If it turns blue, you've enabled snapping.  From there, you can choose to snap to guides and/or elements.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro BETA 2.1 for testing.

0 Kudos
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Rob.  The snapping button appears to have no effect (whether on or off)...

Greg 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

If you hover your mouse over the Layout Snapping, it "expands" a small UI.  Inside you'll see Guide Snapping and Element Snapping.  Click either or both to enable those two snap agents in the Layout.  I'm working with Pro 2.0.1 so do not know if 2.1 Pro will have additional snap agents.

0 Kudos
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rob - thanks again.  See attached animated gif.  Am I missing a step?

0 Kudos
GregFiske
Occasional Contributor

Also, I'm currently using ArcPro version 2.0.1

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I see what's happening - when you hover over the Layout Snapping area, you're just turning it on/off but setting the snap agent.  Below Snapping is off/Snapping is on, click one or both snap agents so they too are blue.

0 Kudos
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

I, too, am having this problem.  I have done all that you suggested, as well as the suggestions to restart the program.  The snap feature will still not work for me, even though the snap icon at the bottom left says that it is "on".  I'm using 2.3.1.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jeanette,

Have you tried messing with the snapping settings in the snapping area?

Have you gotten other layers to snap? What kind of layer are you trying to get to snap (point, line, polygon, etc.)?

0 Kudos
JeanetteHarlow1
New Contributor III

Hi Adrian,  I have tried adjusting the snap settings.  It seems to be intermittent.  

0 Kudos