Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro feature layer that has relate can that be shared as a web layer?

Jump to solution
09-01-2023 08:21 AM
Labels (2)
GIS412
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

New to ESRI products and have a question about ArcGIS Pro.

I have a project I'm working on. I've made a relate between 2 tables, this seems to work because whenever I click on a data point within a project now, I can see data from both tables being shown in the pop up.

However, when I went to publish this as a web layer, my senior notified me that the relate has to be undone and then it can be published as a web layer.

Is this true? Ultimate goal here is I'd like to have this relate between 2 tables and when a user view this in mapviewer, they'd be able to see this relate.

Or, is it possible to do the relate within mapviewer classic? I was toying around in mapviewer classic and tried to perform a relate (but from the options, joins seem to be the only option). Doing this created another layer, with highlighted points (which is good), but only did a very small subset of the tables. Ideally, I'd like this to work for the relate between the 2 tables I was using.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TristenDenton4
Regular Contributor

It's true you can't have an active join/relate when publishing to a web layer. The only workaround is to select all of the features with the relate then export them to their own feature class. This will essentially hardcopy the data but you can then publish it to a web layer. If it's a layer that you need to update regularly then you'll have to repeat those steps again. That's my way of doing it for my organization.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TristenDenton4
Regular Contributor

It's true you can't have an active join/relate when publishing to a web layer. The only workaround is to select all of the features with the relate then export them to their own feature class. This will essentially hardcopy the data but you can then publish it to a web layer. If it's a layer that you need to update regularly then you'll have to repeat those steps again. That's my way of doing it for my organization.