Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Error Migration Network Dataset

Jump to solution
06-01-2022 08:09 AM
Labels (1)
gis_grow
New Contributor III

Hi at all, I have done a network dataset with Tom Tom data, and it's stored in File Geodatabase. Now I need to migrate the network dataset into Sap Hana. I have tried with XML workspace but I receive this error: Error: The network field evaluator is associated with a field that cannot be found
I have tried also copying and past, but I receive the same error. Which is the best way to migrate a network dataset from file gdb to Sap Hana Geodatabase? Do I have to create a new network from 0?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Generally a copy/paste of the feature dataset that contains the network dataset should work. Perhaps there is a field name that is not compatible with SAP Hana or something else. that is preventing the copy.

If you have to create it again, I would suggest working with a copy of your FGDB, first use the GP tool, Create Template From Network Dataset to create a template file. Then Delete the network dataset and copy the feature dataset to SAP Hana. Then use the GP tool Create Network Dataset From Template to create the network dataset and then Build the network dataset.

Create Template From Network Dataset (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Create Network Dataset From Template (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting - I found only 3 cases in the internals with this error message and solutions were varied but include the following below.
1.  Make sure that the Network Analyst extension is licensed on the computer that ArcGIS Pro is located.
2.  Error: The network field evaluator is associated with a field that cannot be found (esri.com) - although this talks about shapefiles, there could be an issue with the unicode item perhaps.  Not familiar with this myself.
3.  There was a case where a user wanted to modify/make changes to the network dataset properties and experienced this error.  That resolution was to unregister a feature class as versioned after doing the reconcile/post/compress to ensure that edits were not lost.

Definitely varied workflows but something to explore.  You may wish to contact Esri Support Services on this one.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Generally a copy/paste of the feature dataset that contains the network dataset should work. Perhaps there is a field name that is not compatible with SAP Hana or something else. that is preventing the copy.

If you have to create it again, I would suggest working with a copy of your FGDB, first use the GP tool, Create Template From Network Dataset to create a template file. Then Delete the network dataset and copy the feature dataset to SAP Hana. Then use the GP tool Create Network Dataset From Template to create the network dataset and then Build the network dataset.

Create Template From Network Dataset (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Create Network Dataset From Template (Network Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Jay Sandhu

gis_grow
New Contributor III

Hi Jay, thanks for your reply.

Your work around is the way that i have done....i think that on SAP HANA this is the only way.

Best

0 Kudos