Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro create 3D polygons with min AND max height above sea level

03-14-2019 11:06 AM
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

I have a polygon feature class with a minimum (above MSL) height field and a maximum (above MSL) height field - I can't figure out how to symbolize this in ArcGIS Pro.  

I can extrude the polygons to the max field, but I can't bring up the bottom part of the polygon to the minimum field.  

Can someone explain the process for accomplishing this?  Do I have to do something with Z values or is there an easier way?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Alright, so I found the "Elevation" section in layer properties, which I can use to set the minimum height.  Then I set the max height using the extrude part in layer display - is that correct?  

One thing I couldn't figure out - there is an operation in 3D analyst extension to add Z min and Z max values, which I can do and then calculate based on my minimum and maximum fields already in the feature class.   But it didn't seem to do anything?  Is this just way to add a min and max field as a naming convention, but you still to manually set the layer to display based on these two fields.  I figured once I created those fields and set the values ArcGIS Pro would automatically know how I wanted the data displayed...

0 Kudos