Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Catalog View

02-17-2023 10:29 AM
Labels (2)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

Are there Esri training videos about the ArcGIS Pro Catalog View? I have done several training videos and tutorials related to Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Pro Fundamentals and none of those even mention the Catalog View and metadata. I found ONE Esri training video on metadata in ArcGIS Pro from July 13, 2020 "Understanding and Using Metadata in ArcGIS" - thank goodness for that one video so far.

I am reading through this now: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/use-catalog-views.htm but this would be really helpful to be explained in a video and/or training of some sort.

2 year user of ArcGIS Pro - trying to finally learn the Catalog View. So confusing.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrea, I recommend the Manage data tutorial. It's not specifically about how to use the catalog view, but you do use it a lot in the tutorial. It will give you a pretty good sense of how to do things in Pro from a catalog view perspective. It includes working with metadata (viewing, importing, creating thumbnails), some other things unique to catalog views (viewing items as tiles), and common tasks you can also do from the Catalog pane or in other ways (search for data, add data to a map, create folder connections, change default items, etc.)

It's kind of long, and also has a lot of geoprocessing stuff that may not be as relevant to you. Comes with a 10-minute video, although I think you'll get more out of doing the steps.

I don't know of any training materials focused specifically on using catalog views, but I think it's a good idea.

AndreaB_
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @TimOrmsby ! OP here..re-subscribing

0 Kudos