Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro cannot connect folder

Jump to solution
12-12-2023 12:47 AM
Labels (1)
Pamela
by
New Contributor II

I have been having this problem for weeks!!! and i have simply ran out of soulations, even being in touch with ESRI hasnt helped me at all. My arcgis pro stopped connection to the windows folder, which means i have to always drag in the folder i want to connect as a workaround but this is a nuisance because when i want to publish a map using my server, it affects this and i havent figured any workaround this solution. Everytime i try to connect to the folder or open it using my arcgis pro it freezes the screen. I have tried using one screen and multiple same issue. I have tried deleting the program, and upgrading same issue. WHY?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

If you can press Esc to "unlock" the screen, then the Add Folder Connection form seems to be appearing - it's just that you can't see it. It may be behind something, or it may be off the edge of the screen.

Try setting your PC's Display Resolution to the minimum, eg 1024x768, then set it to the maximum, eg 1920x1080. That should bring the missing form in from the edges of your screen so that you can see it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @Pamela  it sounds like you are trying to use Add Folder Connection from ArcGIS Pro's Catalog view - is that correct ? 

ChrisUnderwood_0-1702372090645.png

If so, where is the Folder you are trying to connect to ? If you are not using a simple local location, eg C:\MyFolder, then please try that as a test.

Please can you also give us some details of your system:

- What version of Windows is ArcGIS Pro installed on ?

- What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using ?

0 Kudos
Pamela
by
New Contributor II

Hi, yes i have previously added folder connections without any type of problem. When i press the button to add that, the screen freezes without any folder showing up. I have to press ESC to escape to use the screen again. Its very odd but has been ongoing for weeks now. I am now using version 3.1 och i was using 3.0 before

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

If you can press Esc to "unlock" the screen, then the Add Folder Connection form seems to be appearing - it's just that you can't see it. It may be behind something, or it may be off the edge of the screen.

Try setting your PC's Display Resolution to the minimum, eg 1024x768, then set it to the maximum, eg 1920x1080. That should bring the missing form in from the edges of your screen so that you can see it.

Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor

or try right-clicking your toolbar and clicking on  Cascade Windows. Just a guess. That way you don't have to mess with screen settings.

Sean_Wray_0-1702391119568.png

0 Kudos
Pamela
by
New Contributor II

Thank you so much! This solved the problem 🙂

0 Kudos