Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro annotation bug?

08-06-2023 07:36 PM
Labels (1)
JuliaMoloney1
Occasional Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro 3.1 I've noticed an issue with changing the attributes with an Annotation layer and as far as I can tell it's not addressed in the latest patch.  

If I have the text set to any of the "Narrow" options (which is what I usually use), and then I change the Character Spacing, it automatically strips the text back to "Regular" instead of Narrow. I then have to change it back to "Narrow" every time, which then retains the "Narrow" setting with the adjusted Character Spacing. 

JuliaMoloney1_0-1691375658492.png

3 Replies
JuliaMoloney1
Occasional Contributor

I think this actually happens with the other settings in the "Attributes" tab when editing the Annotation - it also happens when I adjust the Font Leading.

0 Kudos
MattSchwartz7
Esri Contributor

Hi Julia,

Just logged a bug for this:

BUG-000160459: Editing Attributes reverts text back to "Regular" or "Bold" if using any of the Narrow options with Annotations

I don't believe it is able to be viewed externally yet since it was just newly created, but if you open a support ticket and reference that bug number, they should be able to get it attached to your organization. Otherwise, you should be able to check back in on the support website periodically and it should be viewable:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/search?s=Relevance&cardtype=bug

0 Kudos
JuliaMoloney1
Occasional Contributor

Awesome, thanks Matt!

0 Kudos