ArcGIS Pro 3.2 Will Not Open/Load

Jump to solution
03-18-2024 07:15 AM
Labels (1)
CC_Chapman
New Contributor

Hi y'all,

Yesterday, I attempted to open ArcGIS Pro after a few days away and it's not opening. 

System info:

• Windows 11 Home
  • ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0.49743

Steps taken:

• Attempted to open it from the Start menu
  • Attempted to open it from my program files (C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Programs\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISPro.exe)
  • Attempted to "Run as Admin"
  • Turned my laptop off & on again
  • Uninstalled & Reinstalled as "Only for me" (previously had been "Anyone who uses this computer")
  • Tried to repair the installation from Settings>Apps>Installed Apps using the "Modify" options
  • Tried System>Troubleshoot>Other troubleshooters>Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

After all of my attempts to open it (listed above), it does not show up in Task Manager as running. After reinstalling, I re-read the installation instructions and it noted changing the registry key if installing as "Only for me" but

1. I don't think that applies to me (I'm not running a Windows server OS, just Windows 11 Home),
  2. When I pull up my Registry Keys, I'm missing the Installer folder referenced in the instructions (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer).

The only thing I can think of that may have caused this issue is that last week I was having issues connecting to a networked folder (used by university to distribute the printer drivers) and I changed settings in

• Advanced Network Settings>Advanced Sharing Settings,
  • Windows Features,
  • Services>Services (Local) settings for
    • Function Discovery Provider Host
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovering
    • UPnP Service Host

Does anyone have any advice on how to get ArcGIS Pro back up and running?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CC_Chapman
New Contributor

I ended up resetting my computer and reinstalling my apps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrendanNewell
Esri Contributor

Hi @CC_Chapman, not a ideal situation! But the best thing you can do is reach out to technical support who may be able to assist with a clean uninstall of ArcGIS Pro

🙂
CC_Chapman
New Contributor

I ended up resetting my computer and reinstalling my apps.

0 Kudos