Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 - Mapbooks - Vary data frame location by page

09-07-2023 08:21 AM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a mapbook in Pro and am wondering if there's any OTB way to control the location of a data frame by page.  The problem is I have a smaller keymap frame that on some pages blocks map text and symbols on the frame below it, so I need a way to make it show up in a different part of the page for those pages.  We used to use the Map Logic extension for ArcMap to acomplish this, MapLogic called an 'anchor point' that you could set for any element and tell to vary page to page by several methods.  Doesn't appear to be any analog in Pro and MapLogic isn't going to make a Pro version (no idea why - the demand is still very much there!)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Sadly as of ArcGIS Pro 3.1 there isn't an out of the box way to do this. You can accomplish this using Python, here's a sample script that shows how that can be done https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0ba4fd37e2e54f65b3edf6478e8cc30a. You can also add this functionality as an idea. The development teams constantly review ideas and add lots of them to the software each release.

Cheers,
Aubri