ArcGIS Pro 2.9 Crashes on Map Export

Jump to solution
09-26-2022 01:41 PM
Labels (1)
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone!

We're seeing an issue with ArcGIS 2.9 (the version 2.9 before 3.0) crashing when trying to export a Map Layout to either a JPEG or PDF. It doesn't seem to be the standard text null issue - we checked the maps are there are no empty text boxes.

It's been extremely difficult to replicate - I've tried breaking it on purpose without success - but a group of users are seeing it inconsistently on different computers and projects. They are all using the same computer model in our lab and the same version of ArcGIS Pro.

Here is a video example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DifHNxdr1G7XN8kkrmuQyy0BkAmKDfKN/view

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a similar issue or may have a fix! Any advice is welcome.

Thank you!

Sara

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SaraJL
by

I updated to 3.0.2 and this solved the problem!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_Schmidt
Esri Contributor

This issue is related to an empty or blank text box in the layout.  Remove the empty or blank text box from the layout or upgrade to 2.9.1 as the issue is resolved in that version of the software.

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by

@Daniel_Schmidt Is there some way to check for blank text boxes other than in the Table of Contents or just selecting features on the map layout? There are no empty text boxes/null boxes on the map (see original description). If there is an alternative way to check, let me know! We are on 2.9.3.

I will try to update the computers to 3 today, but that is a more complex fix because the computers require a new version of Runtime in order to install the update. So I would like to know if there is an alternative way to check for text boxes first before running the update!

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by

I updated to 3.0.2 and this solved the problem!

0 Kudos