ArcGIS Pro 2.7 - Sheet by sheet layer visibility control / Multiple Map Series

01-06-2021 10:40 AM
Labels (1)
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

After upgrading to Pro I'm importing mapbooks from mxd.  We had been using a 3rd party add on software for creating mapbooks in Desktop, it is not available from Pro and won't ever be.  This plugin enabled us to toggle layers on and off, depending on sheet, while using the same Map/Data Frame.  From what I can tell Pro cannot do this, you are stuck using the same layer visibility for all sheets in a series.  Is there any way around this that doesn't involve creating multiple Map Sheets/Frames that are copies of the same data just with different visibility settings?  This solution gets difficult to manage (10 map frames with multiple sheets each = top tab bar runs out of real estate and is confusing for others who need to use it in GIS) and I'm hoping there is a better way.  Is it possible to create multiple map series that reference the same Map/Data frame but have different visibility settings?  For example the data to map is vertical floor plans, so I have some sheets that only needs to show level 1, some sheets that only needs to show level 2, and so on up ten levels.

0 Replies