ArcGIS Pro 2.5 - Table to Excel ISSUE

02-13-2020 07:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.5 I have had issues with the Table to Excel geoprocessing tool where it will complete the task (export the excel spreadsheet) but will continue to show as Running...  It never "completes" even though it shows in the messages that it completed, and the spreadsheet that I exported is intact.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I just tried both xlsx and xls for a table and both worked, finished and tables were intact.

leaving the questions

• locally stored data and local destination folder?
  • all tables or just this one?
  • shutdown and restart Pro and do it again... same old?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's going from a table in a local FGDB to a local folder.  So far it's been multiple tables in the same "project" that have caused this.  I'll give it a shot from a different project and see if it gives me the same issue.  

I've had to force close Pro each time it hangs...  

0 Kudos
AimeeJones
New Contributor II

Experiencing the exact same issue in 2022. No matter what GDB I'm using, Table to Excel completes downloading the file locally but never finishes loading in the program. In order to export or use Geoprocessing, Pro has to be force closed so the Geoprocessing History stops showing "Pending" or "Cancelling" of the frozen process.

0 Kudos
KevinKrech
New Contributor

I am experiencing this exact issue as well. Extremely frustrating - having to force quite each time.

0 Kudos
TimCLC
by
New Contributor II

Also experiencing this issue with a table I obtained by running summary statistics on a feature's attribute table. It's a small table with simple data. When running the Table to Excel tool, the process hangs up on "Running..." and never completes. Pressing the Cancel button then hangs up on "Cancelling..." and I cannot run anymore geoprocessing tasks because the que is stuck.

Replicated this using a different feature and a different file destination with an uncomplicated naming convention.

Screenshot shows pop-out window when I choose View Details. Has been running/cancelling for 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
TimCLC
by
New Contributor II

I should also add that, as with @AimeeJones, I have to force-quit ArcGIS Pro from Task Manager.

0 Kudos
MerekRoman
New Contributor

I am also having the same issue. Will not let me cancel. I have also tried deleting the "history" to which it is still caught in the background. Please advise.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Merek - I'm running ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 and am able to convert an Excel spreadsheet to file geodatabase table in 8 seconds according to the my GP History.  Do you have an Excel spreadsheet that you can share that is causing the issue on your side that I can test?  Please advise.

0 Kudos