ArcGIS Pro 2.4.x Export Layout to PDF won't open in Adobe

12-31-2019 06:19 AM
MarvinDavis
New Contributor III

Problem: I exported a layout to PDF using the default installation settings and received a "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (16)."

First off, let me preface this by saying I found a setting in exporting to PDF that gets the file to work in Adobe from ArcGIS Pro. I was able to check the box "Output as Image" and it would finally open in Adobe.

My question pertains to reasons it needs to be output as an image for this. Is it user error in developing the layout? My layouts I have made have nothing fancy (map frame, legend, north arrow, scale bar, maybe text boxes). Has Adobe's latest versions done something to where they won't open PDFs from ArcGIS Pro? I don't remember having this problem before the past month or so which is why I'm so confused.

Thank you!

1 Reply
CFord
by
New Contributor

Thank you for posting this and for your work around. I have been having a similar problem where the pdf will open blurry and then upon focus only the base map shows, some of the fc are missing sometimes and the labeling is completely gone. I'm sad they never addressed your questions.

0 Kudos